Tara Moheb’s tips on continuing your studies in economics
(Bachelor of Economics in Iran, and the beginning of the road)
· Undergraduate degree in economics in the first academic year of the course including; Fundamentals of Business, Microeconomics, Computing 1, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Creative Arts and Humanities, Financial Management Seminar, Fundamentals of Sociology, Macroeconomics, Insurance Principles, Fundamentals of Business, Microeconomics, Cultural and Historical Change, Related Systems Economics You will take a quantitative math proficiency test with free optional units.
· In the bachelor’s degree in economics in the second academic year, courses such as; Accounting 1, Quantitative Theory of Economics, Natural Sciences and Technology with Laboratory, Statistics 1, Quantitative Methods in Business, Statistics 2, Intermediate Theory of Macroeconomics, Industrial Accounting, Labor Law and Industrial Relations, Quantitative Skills Measurement with Free Optional Units You will pass.
· In the third year of the bachelor’s degree in economics, units such as; You will pass multicultural variables, agricultural economics, writing skills, optional units, management economics, operational research, econometrics, evaluation of economic projects, business law.
· In the bachelor’s degree in economics in the fourth academic year, units such as; Developmental economics, rural sociology, international trade, world economy, economic planning, monetary and fiscal policy, financial statement analysis, foreign banking operations.
(Master of Economics and Specialization)
· Introduction to statistics for economics, 13 to 14 units required for economics, econometrics 1 and 2, introduction to mathematics for economics, microeconomics and macroeconomics.
In the 1st semester, units such as; Big data, microeconomics, machine learning, application theory, financial econometrics, advanced programming with Python.
In the second semester, units such as; Financial econometrics, international economics, and portfolio management, that is, work albums, financial credibility and decision-making, behavioral economics, investments are voluntary.
In the 3rd semester, units such as; Industrial economics, economics and law, general economics, personnel economics, health economics, and wage discrimination are examined.
In the 4th semester, in addition to presenting and defending the dissertation on the orientation and field of this course, units such as; Advanced microeconomics, mathematical analysis for people specializing in economics, information economics, and advanced program theory.
(PhD in Economics and Everything Else!)
It takes about 4 years to study for a doctorate in economics, which of course depends on the type of university and the destination country and can vary. If you also study part-time during this period, it will take between 6 and 8 years.
People who have one of the relevant orientations or have a master’s degree in economics, after passing the relevant exam and confirming their qualifications, can enter this course.