Europa League final prize cash: How much Arsenal and Chelsea will succeed at showpiece match in Baku
Arsenal and Chelsea contest the 2019 Europa League final on Wednesday night.
It’s been a long route to Baku for the two sides, who have traveled the length and breadth of the Continent this season, visiting nations including Belarus, Ukraine, Greece and Hungary.
However, it will all be justified, despite all the trouble for either Arsenal or Chelsea at last when the Europa League trophy gets lifted by the winning captain.
More is on the line for Unai Emery’s men as an Europa League win would see them qualify for next season’s Champions League, while Chelsea are in Europe’s premier club rivalry in 2019/20 in any case as they completed third in the Premier League.
As well as the magnificence of going after a trophy, Arsenal and Chelsea have infused a few funds into their respective accounts on their way to the final.
Below people can see a breakdown of what the Premier League clubs have amassed up until now and what they can acquire on the off chance that they win the match.
- The two clubs topped their respective groups in the competition which have given them £858,000.
- The Gunners won five out of six matches, drawing the other Group E while Chelsea additionally accomplished similar results in Group L, which aggregates £2.61m each.
- They then earned €1,100,000 (£944,000) for getting to the last 16 and €1,500,000 (£1.29m) for getting to the quarter-finals.
- For participating in the semi-finals, Arsenal and Chelsea earned €2,400,000 (£2.06m) and they are both ensured €4,500,000 (£3.86m) for making the final.
- Whoever wins the Europa League could win €8,500,000 (£7.3m) this year however UEFA organisers say the figures will be confirmed after the final concludes.